Monday, November 20, 2006

QoTW

I often find myself in the position of explaining to people that I love exactly what it is that we do in the kink world, and why I might want to do it. Even in the pagan community, speaking of shamanic journeys and deliberate power exchange doesn't always get my point across. (I'd venture a guess it's even harder to communicate to those who don't value changing consciousness at will.)

Imagine my delight, then, at finding this quote from Jay Wiseman:

SM play differs from abuse in many of the same ways that a judo match differs from a mugging.


And, of course, being Jay he offers supporting evidence. In a numbered and probably prioritized list.

(For those questioning whether or not their relationships are really about consent, Jay also offers a few red flags that are completely on the money.)

No comments: