Thursday, February 1, 2007

A Kinkster's Guide to Pantheacon - Pt. 2

So, what's happening this year in the erotic, kink and poly world of P-Con . . . ? Let's see . . .

Looks like tons of stuff on the intersection of pagan, queer and transgender issues. Cool to see a bit more of this every year. I honestly can't recall anyone speaking to transgendered issues at all ten years ago; now there are a few groups doing that, either as part of a queer topic or by iteself.

Live the Dream is doing a Poly workshop, complete with a "love magnet" meditation. Hmm. Perhaps the workshop will be interesting, but not for me. I'm thinking that for my poly life I need a "day planner" meditation. Lots of Boundary/PLAY workshops and rituals. Donald Michael Craig is doing something on sex magick.

Oh, here we go! Luisah Teish is doing "Silk and Honey: Erotic Storytelling from the African Diaspora". These are good, good stories. Want to gossip about the erotic romps of the gods? This is where to get the dirt. I've done Teish's workshops before; she's fantastic.

Looks like she's up against one of LaSara Firefox's flirting workshops, though. Magickal techniques in flirting, eh? I'm guessing NLP, and knowing LaSara I'm guessing it will be interesting.

Of course we Scarlet Women can't miss the PombaGira Devotional to the sacred whore. Yes, I was afraid of going onceuponatime. Those days are over. Pack me some red and black and The Fuckoff Boots; I have some dancing to do.

And um, hmm. No Dossie Easton this year. Damn. No Joy Wolfwomyn either, at least not as a presenter. Hmmph.

I guess it's my year to have a 'vanilla with espresso' con. Oh well, there's always the regular roster of high magick, permaculture, witchy stuff, kabbalah, devotional work from every diaspora, absinthe parties and whatnot. Lots of cool vendors. Enough Reclaiming and Feri homework to keep me more than busy for a weekend. And if I get terribly bored, I suppose I can do a pickup workshop "meet me in my room" style . . .

(I wonder if anyone would go if next year someone did a workshop on magick and rope play? We'd need rope, though. Lots of it.)

No comments: